Aunty Bing Dao

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

The Stonemans column

When I came home to night I had a big brown envelope waiting for me, a letter from my best Australian girlfriend Liz ! Let me tell you something about her country.

In Australia they eat Kangaroo and crocodile five times a week , they even travel by kangaroo, actually they don´t have buses there..only kangaroos.
In Australia they have people almost as funny as Icelandic people !
The population of Australia is 19,731,984 (July 2003 est.) and belive it or not....they speak ENGLISH not aujo hua
There are about ten times more sheep than people in Australia
The coastline
in Australia is 25,760 km long ! ( you didn´ know that ! )
Australia is called the land down under because it is below the equator. It is one of the seven continents of the world. It is also a country
The capital in Australia is Canberra...NOT Sydney or Melborn
Everybody has a good neighbours in Australia !
Tasmania is one of the world's major suppliers of licit opiate products; government maintains strict controls over areas of opium poppy cultivation and output of poppy straw concentrate


Ohhh I really miss my all three Australian friends. But what was in that envelope ?????? It was a big well taken photo of Johnny Depp, taken on a brand new diggital camera from SOGO ...we actually met him in sing gong san yue (right?) the night we were having the " BIG " girls night ;). Thank´s for the photo Liz I will keep it forever and I will try to write some more Stoneman columns in the future :)...I need to practice my English spelling anyway.

My weekend was mostly good..I went to Reykjavík on Friday night and had several " beers " with my friends. On saturday I went with my friend Oli to the national park Þingvellir. On Sunday I had a BIG BORING day at WORK...came home feeling sad and unhappy...but that´s life...it suck´s sometimes...

7 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz
I luuuurve the Stoneman column!

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bleika stelpan
Ertu nú orðin alveg rugluð esskan

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bleika stelpan
Sammála var pirruð eftir sunnudaginn, sérstaklega eftir tryllinginn í lokin

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

karó
ég hefði nu ekki neitt á móti því að fa eftirprentun af þessari mynd!

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ingunn
Já þetta var sko ekkert voðalega gaman

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ingunn
Við sjáum til með það lína mín...þetta er e-ð svona sem maður vill hafa út af fyrir sig

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Code Rot

When I was a child growing up in Australia, I became fascinated with Iceland because it seemed as far away from Australia as you could get. If you started digging a hole in Australia, you would eventually come out in Iceland, that's what I thought. To me, it seemed the opposite of Australia -- cold not hot, north not south, completely mysterious. So, I was always interested in Iceland when I was an Australian child. Last year, I was finally able to visit Iceland. The amazing thing is, when I went to Iceland, Icelandic people were always really glad to meet me. When I said I was from Australia, they would reply: "But Australia is on the opposite side of the world! You've come so far to visit our little country!"

The truly odd thing is, when I was in Iceland, I thought it reminded me of Australia in many ways. Both Australia and Iceland are outposts of European culture in strange new worlds. They are both European colonies. I am saving my money for my next rip there, in 2006 -- God willing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home